The global mussel market is forecasted to expand at a CAGR of 3.4% and increase from its current size of US$ 5.36 Bn to US$ 7.47 Bn by the end of 2032. China, Spain, South Korea, and France are major markets for mussels. However, Latin America also holds a significant share of the global market.
Global consumption of mussels is pegged at 2,055,702 tons in 2022 and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 2.7% to reach 2,688,613 tons by 2032. The mussel market has shown decent growth in recent years and this trend is likely to continue over the forecast period of 2022-2032 as well.
Mussels are increasingly becoming popular due to their nutritional content and multiple methods of cooking and consumption. They are easy to prepare and consume with cooking methods being as simple as steaming. With the increase in home cooking habits, seafood and mussel sales have seen a sharp incline. Mussels are present in the market in the form of either half-shell or whole/intact. The whole shell segment holds a majority of the market share across regions.
Global rise in the consumption of mussels can be due to rising income and rapid urbanization in developing countries, as well as fast-expanding food processing and supply chain companies in Asia & Pacific and other developing areas. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect of mussels in the treatment of arthritis, joint pain, and asthma, along with the high content of omega-3, account for major usage across the world.
Request for sample copy of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/33184
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Demand for mussels in Latin America is expected to increase at a volume CAGR of 2% during the forecast period (2022-2032).
- North America and South Asia & Pacific account for 7% and 9.3% market shares, respectively.
- Utilization of mussels in the food & beverage industry is anticipated to reach US$ 2.96 Bn by 2032.
- Based on channels of distribution, sales of mussels in the B2B (business-to-business) segment are expected to increase at a CAGR of 3.6% and hold 71.3% market share by 2032.
- The European market is likely to expand at a volumetric CAGR of 2.5%. This is due to increasing demand for dietary food supplements.
“Increasing food service industry penetration in countries such as China, South Korea, and others is a potential growth factor for the mussel market. The market is estimated to witness high demand from the foodservice and retail sectors. With increasing nutrient loss in conventional foods, superfoods such as mussels will be a critical deciding factor in the market,” says a Persistence Market Research Analyst.
Know the methodology of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/methodology/33184
Companies involved in the cultivation and farming of mussels are investing heavily in research & development and aiming to increase their footprint across the world. They are also trying to shift to sustainable aquaculture to increase their production with high convenience for customers and survive the cut-throat competition.
- In 2021, Open Ocean – Whakatōhea Mussels Ōpōtiki Ltd. won the contract for exporting its popular green shell mussels to the U.S., from its new US$ 35 Mn state-of-the-art mussel processing facility in Ōpōtiki with the main purpose of increasing the production of various mussel products for domestic and international markets. The net revenue of the company in the 2021 financial year was US$ 2.7 Mn.
- American Mussel Harvesters Inc., is making significant progress in its aim to deliver fresh shellfish and bringing innovations to the industry. Apart from following a stringent post-harvest quality control process, delivering directly to restaurants and retail market by third-party vendors is responsible for broadening its consumer base. Ensuring availability of product by partnerships with independent farmers is a strategy adopted by American Mussel Harvesters. The company also provides specialty items for nutraceutical and cosmetic applications namely mussel powder and oil.
The report has profiled some of the Important players prevalent in the global like – American Mussel Harvesters, Inc.,Atlantic Aqua Farms,BLUE OCEAN MUSSELS,Camanchaca S.A.,Kingsun Foods Co.,Ltd,Kush Shellfish,Open Ocean – Whakatohea Mussels Opotiki Ltd.,Pacific Seafood Group and more.
Get full access of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/checkout/33184
Want to Know More?
Persistence Market Research, a research and consulting firm, has published a revised market research report on the electric cargo bike market that contains a global industry analysis of 2017–2021 and an opportunity assessment for 2022–2032. The report provides in-depth analysis of the market through different segments, namely, product type, battery type, end use, and region.
Read More Trending “PMR Exclusive Article”–
About us: –
Persistence Market Research is a U.S.-based full-service market intelligence firm specializing in syndicated research, custom research, and consulting services. Persistence Market Research boasts market research expertise across the Healthcare, Chemicals and Materials, Technology and Media, Energy and Mining, Food and Beverages, Semiconductors and Electronics, Consumer Goods, and Shipping and Transportation industries. The company draws from its multi-disciplinary capabilities and high-pedigree team of analysts to share data that precisely corresponds to clients’ business needs.
Persistence Market Research
Address – 305 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York City, NY 10007 United States
U.S. Ph. – +1-646-568-7751
USA-Canada Toll-free – +1 800-961-0353
Sales – email@example.com